Thursday, March 2, 2017

If you can't beat 'em.....Eat 'em!

These aren't the best photos of a dandelion I've ever seen, but I can't help giving them a little glory anyways. I love taking photos of nature and this particular plant is special to me. I will always have a fondness for dandelions. A good friend once taught me what more could come from this seemingly ordinary weed. One day she took me outside with a bag in one hand, a butterknife in the other and she taught me how to harvest dandelion greens. Honestly, I was skeptical at first, but I was open to trying new things. We gathered as many as we could find until she thought we had enough and back into the house we went. She washed them, prepared them and later that night we sat down to a glass of wine and a wonderfully tasty meal with one of the sides being dandelion greens. It was a great experience and not the last time I ate weeds for dinner. Now every time I see them growing anywhere I smile, think of a great friend...and get a little hungry. 
  






No comments:

Post a Comment